Translate

Sunday 21 October 2012

I'm in Love!!!!!


For those of you who think I won the lottery or had some secret inheritance to afford me all my travels, I wish you were right. Sadly, that's not the case. As a steady volunteer/teacher/non-profit worker, I've learned to scrimp and save, save, save!

Today I watched a highly intellectual show called "Extreme Cheapskates" and fell in love! These guys are my heroes! Here are some of the pearls of wisdom I took away from the show---great money-saving tips for pinching pennies...every little bit counts! (I also learned things like how to barter for discount butcher meat like goats heads but I'm choosing to pass on that one)

1. Dryer Lint + Toilet Paper Roll = Fire starter log



2.  Do-it-yourself pet beds


3. Soap slivers + panty hose = soap on a rope



4. Rolled up foil stuffed inside citrus bags = home-made brillo pads for scrubbing pots and pans


I saved the best for last..... you're welcome!

10 (more) uses for DRYER LINT!!

*Use it as packing material when mailing things
*Re-spin it into yarn for crocheting/knitting
*Place clumps in your yard to help birds make nests
*Make clay for kids art projects (see link below)
*Protect plants from the cold or as mulch to keep warm and damp
*Stuff a sock with lint and place under a door in the winter to stop a cold air draft
*Make home made recycled paper! (see link below)
http://www.essortment.com/ten-uses-dryer-lint-15708.html

No comments:

Post a Comment