Translate

Sunday 14 October 2012

Happiness is a Sad Song

Although I agree that laughter can be the best medicine sometimes, I'm also a firm believer that a good cry can be cleansing and healing to the soul.  Sometimes you need a little inspiration so I thought I'd share some songs that fit my mood when I'm ready for a good eye cleansing. Some of them aren't sad at face value but evoke certain memories for me, both sad-sad and happy/nostalgic-sad.



The Promise--Tracy Chapman

Colder Weather--Zac Brown Band

Back to December--Taylor Swift

Free--Zac Brown Band

Red Light--David Nail

I Was Here--Beyonce

Skinny Love--Birdy

Solo Para Ti--Camila

Stupid Boy--Keith Urban

Let it Rain--David Nail

Time After Time--Eva Cassidy

True Colors--Eva Cassidy

Wanted--Hunter Hayes

Brand New Day--Joshua Radin

So Long Sunshine--Joshua Radin









4 comments:

  1. Taylor Swift? Srsly? I kid =p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually just started studying the Torah, so far it hasn't hurt any.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just listened to that interpretation of Skinnylove. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Taylor and I go way back, buddy.--watch it! Glad you are liking the Torah. I'll be curious to hear what comes of it. That version of Skinny Love is my absolute favorite. I love it!

    ReplyDelete